Monday, October 09, 2006

Everyday changes...

I recently left my job of almost five years to try "experiencing something new." I am currently helping a friend of mine start his fitness-training center over the next few months or so. In the meantime, I have offered my babysitting services him and his wife since they are unable to have their little girl in daycare because of her heart condition (doctor's orders). This definitely is a different experience for me to go through. I am adjusting from a job interacting with 30+ people a day to spending about eight hours daily to watch a very active 19-month-old baby girl. It is definitely a shock to one's everyday life. I absolutely love what I am doing, but my people interaction skills have changed. I have the "Jack's Big Music Show" (on Noggin) theme song running through my head day and night. My brain used to be concerned about getting progress reports and treatment plans sent out to doctors' offices or making sure a patient was progressing properly in their rehab program. Oh, it is a shock, but I am getting used to it...

Another change that I am going through is that my boyfriend and I have decided to move in together. It has been an adjustment dating somebody new, especially since I spent so many months being independently single. He is not moving in until sometime in January or so, but I have been spending a lot of time with him at night. It definitely is an adjustment when he is the last person I see before I sleep, and the first one I see when I wake up. I have had some difficulty trying to share my space, but I am trying to adapt. I have needed some time on my own to figure things out. I definitely am not regretting any of the decisions I have made over the last few months, but it is something I will get used to. I know it takes time, but it is definitely frustrating.

All I ask is that my friends do not forget me when they are in the outside world.... Drop me a line every occasionally!

No comments: