Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A reflection...


As I look back at 2006, I have come to realize that I have learned a lot from my many life experiences crossing my path. I have had some ups & downs that have allowed many changes help me "grow" into the next steps of my life. I celebrated my 30th birthday... I had to say goodbye to those who held a special place in my heart... I have looked back on my accomplishments and achievements.... I have welcomed a new love in my life.

I cannot clearly recall where my life was at around this same time last year. I know that I was looking at letting go of many things that I felt was bringing me down. At the time, I was reaching a crossroad in my career... I was at the end of the road with a teeter-totter relationship of four years.... IN ADDITION, I was at wit's ends with a long-time friend.

The keyword that was necessary for me to move on was "change." I was stuck at a job that was going nowhere -- no appreciation -- and it definitely was not enjoyable. My relationship with Aaron was not going anywhere until we simultaneously agreed that our individual goals came first. My friendship with Elizabeth came where the balance scale leaned towards her needs rather than it been even.

Therefore, as 2007 begins, I have learned to fall in love and allow someone to love me again. Rob means so much to me, and holds a special place in my heart... Yes, there have been times where I have probably gotten on his nerves (and vice versa), but he has taught me many things when fear, insecurity, and other feelings have overwhelmed me. I have welcomed the adjustments in my life with open arms. My job has taught me, though it has been a shock to my everyday life (as you all know), a great deal of patience... to get in touch with my inner child... and to just have fun! As for my family & friends, things are not always a one-way street. You never know when you feel so alone when those that you NEED around you are not there.

No comments: