Sunday, March 20, 2011

So Much To Do

Two weeks until we sit on the plane for my first trip back to the Philippines in over thirty-one years. The trip right now is bittersweet. We bring my mom’s remains to her final resting place, and we, as a family, will finally be getting our closure. I’m not sure how to feel or what to think right now, but I think of my mom every day. Some days are still harder than others, but I don’t think there really is a true way to say goodbye.

Anyway, Rob and I are on our way to pack. It’s difficult to try and decide what items we will or will not need for the trip, especially when there aren’t any specific things to do set in stone. I’m not quite sure where we will be, and it will be difficult to split two weeks between two sides of the family. All I know is that I am looking forward to be able to see family I haven’t seen since I was four. Can you believe it?!?

No comments: