Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's My Birthday

I'm 31 today, and I never could have imagined what this new year in my life can bring me. Though the celebration isn't going to be majorly exciting (I have work all day and school all night), I am truly grateful to be surrounded by the love of Rob, my family and my friends. I've reflected on how my life has completely changed over the past year. From the mistreatment that I received from a couple of previous employers... to my experience and ordeal in the hospital earlier this year... to the unemployment shortly after... followed by the job that has become a blessing and Rob moving out in July, I definitely can say it has been a life experience.

The challenges that I have encountered in the 30th year of my life has definitely affected me emotionally and mentally. The self-confidence for me to find a job that I most deserve has definitely affected me the most to the point that I hit my most low. The hospital was majorly traumatizing that even letting Rob hug me caused me to cry.

Nevertheless, putting aside the negativity of all that, including Rob moving out (which I am not completely ready to talk about), has given me something positive to look forward to. With a new job that I love, it has given the confidence to make the 31st year of my life a better one. I have taken everything that has occurred and have used it as a life lesson.

Bring it on!

No comments: